This check determines whether the SharePoint farm is configured to support SharePoint apps.
To address issues caused by old full-trust and sandboxed solution models, Microsoft introduced a SharePoint app model with version 2013. In SharePoint apps, custom code does not have to be executed on the SharePoint server itself. Some of the benefits brought by the app model are:
- Upgrade to the newer version of the product is much easier.
- Security and stability improvements. Custom code is not running on the SharePoint server.
- Easier discovery and deployment.
- Centralized distribution and licensing via SharePoint Store.
However, the SharePoint environment and the infrastructure must be configured for SharePoint apps to work.
Following service applications must be up and running in order for SharePoint farm to support the SharePoint app model:
- Subscription Settings service application
- App Management service application
Verify that the above mentioned service applications are running in the farm. To verify that service applications are started and configured properly, go to Central Administration > Application Management > Manage service applications.
Additional information can be found in the following articles: